Santoro :)

Please visit http://www.santoro-london.com/shop/eclecticgifts/ to see the full range! (There's lots more there!) xx

Thursday, 8 March 2012

Illustration Friday - Intention


"There is no limit to what you can imagine. And with commitment, with effort, what you can imagine you can become.  Put your mind to work for you. Believe that you can do it. The world will tell you that you can't.  Yet, in your belief you'll find the strength, you'll find the ability, to do it anyway."  Ralph Marston

I love that quote! It seemed very fitting for this weeks Illustration Friday topic, Intention.  xxx

*** I just had to add this comment that AHAViews just left as it explains this piece far better than I could! :P (click on her name to visit her insightful blog and see her amazing artwork!)   "... the thoughtful expression, the hazy possibilities that surround her, and the careful way she is holding on to the orb in her hands - I read that orb as her intention, which she is keeping close, secure, looking ahead."  Thank you AHAviews  :)

9 comments:

  1. I do so like the thoughtful expression, the hazy possibilities that surround her, and the careful way she is holding on to the orb in her hands - I read that orb as her intention, which she is keeping close, secure, looking ahead. Nice interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I'm glad that's what you see, it's exactly what I felt when I was drawing her! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my words struck a chord with you, Leanne. I'm always glad we can speak with images, as words can be very hard to find at times.

      Delete
  3. Something about this reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. The melancholy White Queen holding a last precious piece of her kingdom. I really love your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful, sad and a little disturbing. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your works are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I really love her hands. They hold so much 'intention'! Lovely. And I really love your monochromatic palette. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing details ! beautiful use of tones and design too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! :)